Table of Contents
How to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose with Toothpaste
Welcome to our guide on how to get rid of blackheads on nose with toothpaste.
Regardless of your type of skin, you will notice blackheads on your face at some stage or the other. While it is not possible to prevent blackheads completely, it is definitely possible to get rid of them quickly.
As you know blackheads are nothing but pores that are blocked with oil, sweat, hair follicles, bacteria, etc. You will find many skin-care products in the market to help you treat blackheads.
However, it is better to resort to natural methods to remove blackheads, as they give you quick relief without any side effects. Toothpaste, one of the most common items in your bathroom, is an effective remedy to get rid of blackheads that form on your nose. Want to know how? Read on to know more about the same:
Choosing the Right Toothpaste
Yes, toothpaste definitely helps in removing blackheads on your face. However, the key is to choose the right kind of toothpaste. Gel toothpaste will not give you the result that you are looking for. For removing blackheads on your nose and skin, you should use white toothpaste only.
The simple & traditional white toothpaste is quite effective in skin-care treatments. You can also use mint-flavored white toothpaste for quick and effective removal of blackheads.
Prepping your Face for Toothpaste Application
It is very important to wash your face thoroughly before using toothpaste so that the ingredients of the toothpaste can act effectively on your skin. Dry your face completely after washing before applying toothpaste on the affected areas.
Application of Toothpaste
You can use your hands or a soft face cloth for applying toothpaste on the areas where there are blackheads. Spread the paste thoroughly on the affected areas and allow it to remain for a while till the paste becomes completely dry. In circular motions, you can now rub the paste over the blackheads to remove them completely from the pores.
If you aren’t comfortable using your hands for applying toothpaste, you can use a face cloth for the same. Dip the cloth in a few drops of almond or coconut oil for better results.
An oil-soaked cloth will make it very easy for you to apply the toothpaste evenly on the exact areas that you want. Ensure that the application remains on your blackheads for 5 to 10 minutes before you start rubbing it gently to get rid of these blackheads.
Another Excellent Ingredient to the Rescue!
You can add another simple kitchen ingredient to white toothpaste to act effectively on blackheads and remove them. We are talking about the common salt! Yes, you heard that right! Make a mixture of equal amounts of toothpaste and salt and follow the same method that we explained above.
Apply this mixture on the affected areas of your skin and leave it on for about 10 minutes. After it gets dry, rub it gently over the skin to remove the blackheads. You can also replace salt with baking soda for good results in this step.
Once you have rubbed the skin gently to get rid of the blackheads, wash your skin thoroughly to remove all traces of paste and oil. You can apply an ice pack on the areas where you used the toothpaste to control the irritation and redness, if any. After cleaning, remember to use a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.
Some Points that you Should Know
Your doctor will never recommend using a toothpaste for removing blackheads, but that shouldn’t deter you from using this simple natural remedy.
1. White or mint-flavored toothpaste will give you good results only when the blackheads are in the initial stages.
2. When there are too many blackheads in your face and nose region, you may have to seek a professional for help, as the toothpaste trick will not help you in this case.
Blackheads can impact the way you look and your self-confidence to a large extent. Treating them is also a time-consuming process. This is why it is imperative to keep your skin free from blackheads. Simple tips like these can help you to keep your skin clear and blackheads at bay:
1. When you have a lot of pores or acne, it is important to open these pores up before washing, to prevent blackheads from forming. Steam treatment is a great way to open up the pores.
2. For acne and blackheads-prone skin, you should always wash your face in warm water to clean the pores. Using a face wash with salicylic acid will help prevent bacterial infections in your pores.
3. Washing your face at least twice a day and when you sweat profusely is very important to keep the pores free from dirt and bacterial infections.
4. You might have an urge to touch the pimples or acne or your skin frequently. However, it is strongly advised you stay away from this habit. The oils, dirt and other foreign materials from your fingers can cause your pores to get clogged.
5. Over-exposure to the sun can cause your skin to break and get dried easily. The pores in the damaged skin get clogged with oils, dirt and other substances to cause acne, blackheads and the like.
Hence, it is important for you to apply a good sunscreen lotion before stepping out. Ensure you choose the right sunscreen for your skin type, to get the desired results.
6. Makeup makes you look great when you step out of your house. However, you must know that wearing too much of for makeup for too long can damage your skin to a large extent.
Irrespective of how tired you are, you should remember to remove all traces of makeup from your face before going to bed. Wash your face thoroughly with a chemical-free soap and warm water to remove the makeup completely.
As you can see, simple face-cleaning tips can help your skin stay free and clear from blackheads. However, even when you do spot a few blackheads on your nose or anywhere on your face, you do know of the toothpaste trick to get rid of them quickly!